Tony's Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 8 servings. Ingredients
- 3 •3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 •3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 •3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 •2 tablespoons flour
- 1 •1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 •3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 •3 tablespoons bourbon liquor
- 1 1/2 •1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 •1/2 cup mini milk chocolate morsels
- 1 •1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- •Homemade whipped cream, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt butter in a small saucepan. While butter is melting, add beaten eggs to a medium sized bowl. Stir in brown sugar, flour, vanilla extract, corn syrup and bourbon until combined. Add butter when just melted.
Mix in the pecans and chocolate morsels. Mix all together. Pour mixture into pie shell.
Place on a sheet tray and bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
When ready to serve top with a dollop of whipped cream.
Homemade Whipped Cream:
•1 cup heavy cream
•4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pour heavy cream into a bowl and whip with an electric mixer for a few minutes, until it becomes thick. Add confectioners' sugar and beat until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes. Fold in vanilla extract.
.Printed from FoodNetwork.com on Wed Jan 26 2011
© 2011 Television