Campanelle pasta salad
- 1 # campanelle pasta
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1 sm. Red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can tuna in oil, drained
- 2 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz. frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered
- 2 T capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 T chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 c chopped fresh flat leafed parsley leaves
1. Cook pasta until tender but still firm. Drain reserving 1 c of pasta water
2. In skillet, heat ¼ c oil over med. high. Cook onion until soft. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add tuna to skillet and using fork, break into chunks. Spoon in tomatoes, artichoke hearts, capers, and thyme. Cook until tomatoes begin to soften.
3. Put in pasta, remaining oil and parsley. Toss until all ingredients are coated, using a little pasta water to thin out. Season with s&p – serve warm or at room temp.