Tre Formaggi Frittata with Sausage
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. fresh pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 oz. Asiago cheese, cut into 1/2" dice
- 3 oz. Provolone cheese, cut into 1/2" dice
- 1 tsp. olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 Creminelli sausages, cut into 1/2" rounds
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions, white and light green portions
- 1/2 cup finely diced roasted red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
In bowl, lightly whisk eggs, whisk in pepper and cheeses, et aside.
In deep half of frittata pan over medium high heat, warm 1 tsp. olive oil. Add sausages, cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to small bowl and discard all but 1 tsp. fat in pan.
Reduce heatto medium. Add green onions and bell pepper, cook 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and thyme, cook 30 seconds. Add sausages and egg mixture, cook, using rubber spatula to llift cooked edges and allow uncooked eggs to flow underneath, about 2 minutes. Continue to cook until eggs begin to set, about 4 minutes more.
Set shallow half of frittat pan over medium-low heat, brush lightly with oil. Place shallow pan upside down on top of deep pan and flip frittat into shallow pan. Cook, covered, until eggs are set, bout 6 minutes. Shake pan to loosen frittata and slide onto serving plate.