Roasted Summer Vegetable Pasta
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- grated Parmesan, for serving
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from realsimple.com
Heat oven to 450° F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
Meanwhile, on 2 rimmed baking sheets, toss the eggplant, onion, bell pepper, and garlic with the oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Roast, rotating the sheets halfway through, until the vegetables are golden brown and very tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
Add the vegetables, tomatoes, and reserved cooking water to the pasta and cook over medium heat, tossing, until the liquid coats the pasta, 2 to 4 minutes. Add the oregano and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.