Braised Pork Shoulder
- 1 (4-5 pound)pork shoulder-bone in
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons diced jalapenos
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds ground
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 large bottle of Chimay beer
Heat oven to 325. Mix all ingredients together, except Chimay and rub all over pork shoulder.
Wrap shoulder in plastic wrap and let sit in refrigerator at least 1 hour or overnight. Place in a large dutch oven and brown all sides. Turn with fat side up and pour Chimay in with the pork.
Cover and place in oven and cook 3-5 hours. Remove and cool. Shred with forks.