Slow Cooker Beef Vegetable Stew
- 1-2 lb. Beef Stew
- 2 cloves of Garlic – this I can use minced because it cooks up.
- 1/2 onion cut
- 2 Tbsps. oil
- 1/2 cup celery cut
- 1 handful of fresh string beans
- 1 pkg. baby carrots
- 7 cups of water
- 1 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsps. beef barley soup base
- Uncooked Barley – amount desired
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 500mins
1. Put everything in slow cooker except for the barley and cook for 8 hours.
2. Add the barley during the last 1/2 hour to an hour. I use a lot because we really like it.
I sometimes make it like this and take everything out of the liquid and put it on a plate and use the liquid as au jus and cut with fork and knife. Sometimes I cut everything smaller when I put it in the slow cooker so we can eat like a hearty soup/stew.