Roasted Shallot And Tarragon Pesto
- 2 large shallots peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh tarragon - (packed)
- 2/3 cup fresh Italian parsley - (packed)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons grated Asiago cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place shallots in small baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil. Cover dish with foil. Bake shallots 30 minutes. Uncover; roast shallots until soft, about 20 minutes longer.
Puree shallots, any oil in dish, and 1/3 cup oil in blender. Add 1/3 cup oil and all remaining ingredients; puree. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead; chill.)
This recipe yields about 1 cup.