Swordfish And Caponata Sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 swordfish steak, 3/4"-thk - (10 to 12 oz) halved
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup purchased caponata (eggplant relish)
- 4 thin lemon slices
- 2 French rolls - (6" long) split horizontally
- 1 small bunch arugula
Preheat broiler. Whisk olive oil, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon rosemary in glass pie dish to blend. Sprinkle swordfish with salt and pepper. Add swordfish to marinade and turn to coat. Let stand 10 minutes. Mix remaining 1 teaspoon rosemary into caponata.
Transfer swordfish to broiler pan; reserve marinade in dish. Broil swordfish until just opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side; transfer to sheet of foil.
Brush lemon slices with some of reserved marinade. Broil lemon slices until lightly charred, about 1 minute per side. Broil cut side of rolls until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds.
Place roll bottoms, cut-side up, on plates; spread with caponata. Place swordfish, lemon slices and arugula over. Cover with roll tops and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings (can be doubled).
You'll also love
- Swedish Lamb Stew With Dill Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stir-Fried Vegetables With Orange... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp With Pineapple And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spaghetti With Mussels, Tomatoes... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon, Leek, And Dill... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seared Halibut With Spicy Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Swordfish With Capers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)