Lamb Stew with Sherry and Mushrooms
Watched her prepare this dish on the show and decided to give it a go. My family LOVED it. This is a keeper for sure. Absolutely delicious.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices center-cut bacon
- 2 pounds lamb stew meat
- 4 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 6 large carrots, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 Vidalia onions, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 3 bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 bag petit frozen peas
- Buttered noodles, for serving
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 135mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
In a large pot over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and bacon. When the bacon begins to lightly brown, remove it from the pot with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the lamb and let the meat brown on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the meat with a slotted spoon and set aside. Chop the bacon into 1/4-inch pieces.
Add the mushrooms, carrots, garlic, onions and bacon to the pot and stir. Mix in the flour. Add the beef stock, sherry, bay leaves and lamb. Add salt and pepper and cover the pot but leave a vent for the steam to escape. Bring the mixture to a simmer and simmer until the meat is tender and falling apart, about 2 hours.
Slowly stir in the heavy cream, parsley, tarragon and peas. Serve the stew in shallow bowls over buttered egg noodles.
You'll also love
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Roasted Red... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts with Wild Rice... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Pomegranate-Orange BBQ Sauce 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Pork Sandwiches with... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Grilled Lamb Chops With Herbed... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Tarte flambee 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Chef John's Chicken and Mushrooms 4.7/5 (3 Votes)