Simple Beef Burgundy
- 1 pound beef flank steak, halved lengthwise, cut across grain into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound mushroom, cut into 1/4" slices
- 6 green onion, cut into 2" pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, optional
In medium bowl, combine beef slices and wine, let stand.
In large skillet, heat 2 T butter over medium heat until melted. Add garlic, mushrooms, and green onions, cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are limp, about 5 minutes. Remove with pan juices and set aside.
Drain beef, reserving marinade. In plastic or paper bag, combine flour, salt and pepper until well mixed. Add drained beef; toss to evenly coat.
In same skillet, wiped dry, heat remaining 2 T butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add beef; cook, stirring constantly, until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Add reserved vegetable and liquid, reserved marinade, broth and tarragon. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
You'll also love
- Peppered Beef Tenderloin with... 0/5 (0 Votes)