roasted red pepper quinoa + white bean burgers.
around: Calories 272; Fat 5.7g (poly 1.8g, mono 1.5g, sat 0.8g); Protein 17.3g; Cholesterol 9mg; Carbohydrate 18.6g; Sodium 232mg; Fiber 8.8g)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 whole wheat bun, toasted
- for topping: bacon, extra roasted red peppers and mayo - or whatever you want!
In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs, basil, paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, add beans and mash coarsely with a fork. Stir in quinoa, garlic and roasted red peppers, mixing well to combine. Add in bread crumb mixture and egg, mixing well to moisten. Once combined, add in the flour and mix well. Form into four equally sized balls.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Press each quinoa ball into a large patty, being careful to press the sides together so they don't fall apart while cooking. Add to skillet and cook until golden and crisp on each side, about five minutes. Serve immediately on toasted buns with your favorite toppings!
Note: if you use red peppers jarred in oil or water, be sure to soak up most of the liquid with paper towels before and after chopping!
You'll also love
- Bacon Souffle' 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Roasted Shrimp-Stuffed Poblanos 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Carrot-Shaped Cheese Spread Recipe 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Almond Dacquoise with Passion... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Chickpea-Avocado and Feta Salad 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Ranch Style Beans 4.1/5 (33 Votes)
- Sausage, White Bean, and Swiss... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)