Chicken Noodle Soup (Low FODMAP)
- 2 Tsp. garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 cup carrot, sliced thin
- 1 bunch of green onions, greens only, chopped aprox. 3/4 t. salt
- 1/2 t. black pepper
- 1 1/2 T. tuscan-herb low-fodmap spice mix (or add other italian herbs like parsley, basil, oregano, thyme, or rosemary to your liking)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or whichever you have on hand)
- 4 cups low-fodmap chicken stock
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (leftovers from making chicken stock would be great)
- 2-3 oz. dry corn pasta (any shape), cooked
Adapted from thriftykitchen.wordpress.com
1. Heat oil in a large stock pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
2.Saute carrot for 1-2 minutes. Add green onions, saute for 2-3 more minutes. Add salt & pepper (to taste).
3. Add the 1/2 cup wine. Let it cook for 3-5 minutes (to reduce the overall alcohol taste and leave just the wine flavor).
4. Add chicken broth. Reduce heat to a simmer.
5. Put spices in a tea infuser ball or cheese cloth tied closed with kitchen twine, submerge in broth. (If you’re lazy, just put the spices in by themselves. Whatev’s…)
6. Simmer for 10-20 minutes.
7. Add chopped chicken. Simmer for 10-20 more minutes.
(Total simmer time = ~20-40 minutes)
8. While the soup simmers, cook the corn pasta in a separate pot.
9. Drain, and rinse to stop the cooking.
10. Add the pasta to the soup.
Soup is now ready to serve. Salt & Pepper to taste.
Tips: I sometimes make this soup the same day I made stock. In that case you can: buy a plain whole raw chicken from the grocery store (or approximately 2-3 pounds of in-bone raw chicken).
If you want to use a cooked rotisserie chicken, be aware that this might not be safe on Low Fodmap as the seasoning usually contains onion & garlic. But, if you’re willing to take a risk, remove the cooked chicken. Chop. Set aside, like in a tuperware in the fridge. Put the carcass in a large stock pot or crock pot. For raw chicken, just put it all in the stock pot. Fill the stock pot with water, herbs, etc… as instructed in the recipe. Cook stock / raw chicken. Watch the raw chicken. Once it’s cooked, take it out, let it cool down to handling temperature. Remove chicken from the bone. Chop or shred. Set aside. Add bones back to the stock pot to keep cooking the broth.
When finished, add the stock and chopped chicken to the Chicken Noodle Soup recipe!
You'll also love
- Quinoa, Zucchini, & Leek Curried... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Spring Chicken 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Easy Creamy Cheesy Chicken... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Golden Cream of Mushroom Soup with... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Creamy Lemon, Asparagus, Chicken... 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Instant Pot Chicken & Wild Rice... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Creamy White Chicken Lasagna Soup 3.8/5 (32 Votes)