Slow Cooker Spicy Beef Chili for two
Traditionally, true chili is made with just vegetables, tomatoes and lots of cubed beef, but no beans. This recipe honors beef by really making it the centerpiece of the chili, while kicking the heat up a notch with minced jalapeno. Enjoy any leftovers the next day by adding a bit of shredded cheese to them and making stove top quesadillas in a skillet.
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno Chile, minced
- 1 (14-ounce)can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 555mins
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook the ground beef with the onion, stirring to break up the meat, until the beef is browned, about 10 minutes. Drain well.
2. In the slow cooker, combine the beef and onions with all the remaining ingredients. Drain well.
3. Cover and coo on low for 9 hours, or until the chili is blended.
4. Ladle the Chili into 2 bowls and serve.