Beef Stew Portugese
- 3 1/2 - 4 lb beef chuck
- Salt and Pepper
- 5 Garlic Cloves, peeled and smashed
- 5 Allspice berries
- 4 Bay leaves
- 1 1/2 Tsp Peppercorns
- 2 large onions, halved and sliced
- 2 1/2 Cups white wine
- 1/4 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 Oz chorizo sausage, sliced thin
1. Heat oven to 325
2. Cut beef into 2" pieces and season with salt and pepper
3. Place garlic, berries, bay leaves, and peppercorns in cheesecloth.
4. Arrange onions at bottom of pot, place cheesecloth on top. Add wine and cinnamon and then place beef on top.
5. Cover and cook until beef is tender, around 3 hours.
6. Remove pot from oven, add chorizo and make sure it is submerged until heated through, about 20 minutes. Discard spice bundle, salt and pepper to taste, and serve.