Balsamic Beef Roast-Crock Pot
- 2 pound boneless beef chuck shoulder roast
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup honey
- 16 oz brown mushrooms
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Zest of 1/2 an orange
- 2 cups of beef broth – NOT NEEDED UNTIL DAY OF COOKING
1. Label your freezer bag.
2. To your freezer bag, add all ingredients except beef broth. Add beef roast
to the freezer bag last so it’s the first ingredient poured into your crockpot.
3. Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal, and lay flat in
1. The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw.
2. The morning of cooking, pour contents of freezer bag into your crockpot
and add beef broth.
3. Cook on “low” setting for 8-12 hours, or until beef shreds easily and carrots
4. Shred beef and serve.