- 3 1/2 cups uncooked farfalle (bow tie pasta)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups (3/4-inch) sliced zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups (3/4-inch) cubed red bell pepper (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup sliced green onions
Preheat oven to 350º.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Melt margarine in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Stir in flour, cumin, red pepper and salt; cook 1 minute. Gradually add milk; cook until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly. Remove the milk mixture from heat; stir in cheese. Set aside.
Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add zucchini; cook 3 minutes. Add bell pepper; cook 1 minute. Combine pasta, vegetables, and onions; spoon into a 13 × 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon cheese sauce evenly over pasta mixture. Bake at 350º for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups