- 1 1/4 pounds back fin crab meat bones and cartilage
- removed by hand 1 1/2 cups Japanese bread crumbs
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 7 ounces heavy cream - (scant cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
Mix all ingredients except crabmeat; allow bread crumbs to absorb liquid. Mix in crabmeat. Shape into 12 crabcakes. Dust lightly with seasoned flour. Sauté until golden on both sides in clarified butter.
This recipe yields 1 dozen cakes.