Lisa's King's Hawaiian Roll Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 1 roll of sausage of your choice (Jimmy Dean for me)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped sweet peppers
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 1 package King's Hawaiian Rolls, savory not sweet
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
Adapted from friedpiesandfireflies.blogspot.com
Brown the sausage and drain. Add the sausage back to the skillet and add the cream cheese. Stir until it melts. Set aside.
Saute' the chopped peppers in the butter.
Add the pico and stir well. Drain.
Add the pepper mixture to the sausage mixture and stir well.
Add 1 cup of the shredded cheese and combine.
Tear the rolls into large hunks and place in a large bowl.
Whisk the eggs with the heavy cream and pour over the rolls.
Add the sausage mixture to the roll mixture and stir.
Stir in 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
Pour into 13 x 9 baking dish and add the remaining cup of cheese.
Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
You'll also love
- Tomato Salad with Red Onion, Dill... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Spanish-Style Oxtails Braised with... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
Review this recipe