Absolute Best Ever Lasagne
The name says it all: it's my family's favorite. This is a very meaty lasagne. We prefer it with cottage cheese, but you can easily substitute ricotta.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tomato paste
- 24 ounces cottage cheese or 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, divided
- 12 to 15 lasagne noodles
Preparation time 90mins
Cooking time 130mins
Adapted from food.com
Brown ground beef, Italian sausage, onion and garlic. Add salt and next 5 ingredients; stirring until well mixed. Simmer 1 hour.
Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Heat oven to 375°F. Spray a 13 x 9" baking pan with cooking spray.
Combine cottage cheese, eggs, pepper, 2 tablespoons parsley, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 of mozzarella cheese; In a lasagna pan, layer noodles, meat sauce, and cheese mixture; repeat.
Top off with layer of noodles; sprinkle evenly with remaining mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until cheese mixture is thoroughly melted.