Moroccan-Style Salmon with Vegetables
I treated this more like the CSA-Kitchen-Sink recipe, where I subbed all of the vegetables in the original recipe for whatever goodies came in our delivery box. Still flavorful and scrumdiddlyuptious, which is Arabic for "delicious."
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup harissa
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup store-bought low-sodium or Homemade Fish Stock or chicken stock
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 1 1/4 pounds), cut into florets
- 1 zucchini, cut into 2-inch sticks (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 summer squash, cut into 2-inch sticks (about 3/4 inch thick)
- Coarse salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained
- 4 or 6 skin-on salmon steaks (6 to 8 ounces each)
- Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Heat oil and garlic in a large stockpot over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add harissa and tomato paste. Cook, stirring, until combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in stock, and bring to a simmer.
Add sweet potato, cauliflower, zucchini, and squash to pot; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Steam, covered, until vegetables are al dente, 12 to 15 minutes.
Add chickpeas to pot. Season each salmon steak on both sides with salt and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Secure ends of each steak together with a toothpick or wooden skewer. Lay salmon on top of vegetables. Steam, covered, until salmon is slightly firm to the touch, 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.
You'll also love
- Green Papaya-Style Salad 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Spinach & Mushroom Crustless Quiche 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Peruvian Tiradita (Marinated Fish... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Salad with Red Peppers and Smoked... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
Review this recipe