Pimm’s Cup Royale
Refreshing and sophisticated, this cocktail aims to impress. A boozey elaboration of the classic Pimm's cup, it gets Cognac, peach liquer and Champange.
- 1 1/2 ounces Pimm’s No. 1
- 1/2 ounce VSOP Cognac
- 1/2 teaspoon crème de pêche or other peach liqueur
- 1 ounce chilled lemonade, preferably homemade
- Dash of Peychaud’s bitters
- Dash of orange bitters
- 3 1/2 ounces chilled brut Champagne or dry sparkling wine
- 1 large basil sprig and 1 cucumber spear, for garnish
Adapted from foodandwine.com
Fill a chilled collins glass with ice. Add the Pimm’s, Cognac, crème de pêche, lemonade and bitters; stir well. Stir in the Champagne; garnish with the basil and cucumber.