- 1/2 cup finely-chopped shallots - (abt 2)
- 1/4 cup finely-diced celery
- 1/2 pound butter - (2 sticks)
- 1 quart water
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- A sprinkle or two of instant flour (or your favorite low-carb thickener)
- 2 cans chopped clams with juice - (6.5 oz ea)
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp cleaned, shelled, and deveined
- 1/3 pound cod leave in one piece
- 1/3 pound skinless salmon leave in one piece
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 small can crab meat
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- Chives for garnish (optional)
Sautè shallots and diced celery in butter, until soft. Add thickener, if desired, and stir with a wire whip for 5 minutes, on low heat and set aside.
Bring 1 quart of water to a boil. Add chicken base, clams with juice, all of the shrimp and the whole pieces of cod and salmon. Return to a boil; lower the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Strain the stock, and reserve the seafood.
Stir the shallot/butter mixture into the stock. Flake the large pieces of boiled fish and add the canned crabmeat. Add the heavy cream and sherry. Bring to a simmer and heat through. Add chives, if desired.
This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings; 2 to 3 carb grams per serving.