Curried Tofu, Mushroom And Pepper Scramble
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large red pepper cut into short, narrow strips
- 1/4 pound mushrooms sliced
- 2 blocks firm tofu - (12 oz ea) well drained
- and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons thinly-sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup finely-diced ripe tomato
- 1 tablespoon coarsely-chopped parsley or cilantro
In a large frying pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the pepper and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally until tender.
Increase the heat and cook, stirring until any liquid in the pan evaporates.
Add the tofu, green onions, curry powder, salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and cook until heated through. Stir in the tomato and parsley or cilantro.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Total Carbohydrates: 34.6 grams
Total Carbohydrates minus Fiber: 21.6 grams
Carbohydrates per Serving: 8.6 grams
Carbohydrates per Serving minus Fiber: 5.4 grams