Pasta E. Fagioli Soup Slow Cooker
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can cannellini beans (or white kidney beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 (26 oz.) container beef stock (or 3 cups)
- 1 jar (25 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup uncooked ditalini pasta (see cook's notes below)
- Salt, to taste (about 1/2 tbsp. kosher salt)
Adapted from pinterest.com
Brown and crumble ground beef. Drain excess grease.
Try Swanson® Chicken Broth in this Recipe.
Finely diced onions, celery, carrots...
Don't forget to drain and rinse your beans.
Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker (except for pasta) and stir.
Set slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours
During the last 30 minutes or so of cooking, add in the pasta and stir.
Cook’s Notes: Pasta likes to absorb a lot of the liquid so if you like your soup a bit more soupy, be prepared to have an extra can of beef broth handy. You can add it in towards the end. Also, another way to avoid this is to precook your pasta first and then add it in at the end. Also, you can do this without a slow cooker. Follow the instructions above, but instead of adding to a slow cooker, just put all ingredients in a large pot (except for the pasta). Cook over low heat for about an hour. During the last 15-20 minutes, add in the pasta.