Quick Masala Pork Chops
- 1/2 • 1/2 stick butter
- 1 • 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 • 1/2 cup white wine
- 8 • 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 • 1 can Progresso Recipe Starters - Fire Roasted Tomato
- 1 • 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 • 2 cups white rice
- 4 • 4 medium-thick cut pork chops
- • salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper pork chops, then brown in hot butter, then transfer to a baking dish.
2. Heat remaining butter in skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook for 1 minute, until softened. Add white wine, toss in mushrooms and cook until liquid is reduced in half, then add Progresso Recipe Starters sauce and simmer until liquid is reduced in half again (about 5 minutes). Pour sauce over pork chops, cover with foil.
3. Cook pork chops in preheated oven for 30 minutes, then remove foil and cook until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145 degrees. Remove and top with fresh thyme before serving.
4. Serve over white rice.