Mexican Seafood Pizza
- 1 ball store-bought pizza dough, cut in half
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup favorite salsa
- 6 to 8 medium shrimp, grilled
- 1/2 cup roasted corn kernels
- 1 large avocado, halved, pit removed and cut into small slices
- 3/4 cup queso fresco, crumbled, or Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Cilantro for garnish
Assemble ingredients. Preheat grill to medium-high. Use your hands to knead and roll out dough on a lightly floured surface or parchment paper. Brush one side of each pizza with olive oil. Set pizza dough on grill, oiled side down, and cook with grill open until bottom is seared and cooked, about 4 to 5 minutes. Top should still be slightly doughy. Bubbles may form but will deflate when dough is turned.
Remove dough from heat and flip so grilled side faces up. Brush lightly with olive oil and spread a thin coat of salsa over pizzas. Next, top with shrimp, corn, avocado and cheese. Return pizza to grill, close and cook until cheese is thoroughly melted and lightly browned in spots. Remove from heat, garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
Makes 2 small pizzas.