Lasagna, Prince Pasta Recipe
What's for dinner? Try this delicious classic Lasagna recipe with layers of goodness your family and or guests will love. Make sure to make plenty because they'll be back for seconds!
- 1/2 of l pound package lasagna, uncooked
- 2 pounds bulk Italian sausage, I used 1 mild 1 hot
- 1 mediium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounce) whole tomatoes, cut up, undrained
- 1 1can (12 ounce) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 containers (16 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Prepare lasagna according to package directions; drain.
In large skillet, combine sausage, onion and garlic. Cook until sausage is no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain.
Stir in next six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes.
In medium bowl, blend ricotta, egg, parsley and salt. Spread a thin layer of sauce in 13x9" baking pan. Layer 1/3 each lasagna, remaining sauce, ricotta mixture, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat layers.
Cover and bake at 375 degrees fahrenheit until hot and bubbly, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.
You'll also love
- French Onion Soup au Gratin... 3.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Homemade Bigoli Pasta 3.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Pasta 3.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Beef Lombardi (Southern Living) 3.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Gary Rhodes Yorkshire Pudding 3.3/5 (57 Votes)
- Tuna-Noodle Casserole (Betty... 3.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Raising Cane’s Lemonade 3.6/5 (61 Votes)
- Solvang Aebleskiver 2.5/5 (12 Votes)