Mom's Oriental Salad
Crunchy and flavorful asian noodle salad is perfect to take to pot lucks, or serve at your next barbecue. Make sure to mix it together when you are serving, so the noodles are nice and crunchy.
- 2 packages Maruchan Oriental ramen noodles
- 3 tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 bunch of green onions, tops and all sliced very thin
- 1 pound package cole slaw mix
- 1 packet seasoning mix in the Ramen Noodles
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 packet ramen seasoning mix, from the ramen noodle package
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
In a plastic bag, crunch noodles. Put margarine in deep skillet or deep sided pan. Add noodles, 1 packet of ramen seasoning and sesame seeds. Brown until golden brown. Watch carefully or they will burn. Remove from heat.
In a very large bowl mix slaw, almonds, green onions and cooled mixture from burner. Just before serving, pour dressing over the above mixture. The noodles will become soft if you add the dressing too soon.
You'll also love
- White Chocolate Martini 4.4/5 (76 Votes)
- Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie... 4.2/5 (92 Votes)
- German Cucumber Salad 4.2/5 (77 Votes)
Review this recipe