Two Bite Beef Wellington
- 3/4 lb. (375g.) beef tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes (about 20)
- 1/3 cup (75ml/) Diana Marinade Garlic and Herbs
- 3 oz. (90g.) cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp. (30ml.) each finely chopped green onions and fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. (15ml.)butter
- 4 oz. (125g.) portobello mushrooms gills removed and sliced into 1 inch portions
- 1 lb. (500g,) puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 1 egg, well beaten
Marinate the cubes of beef in all but 2 tbsp. (30ml.) of the marinade at room temperature for 15 minutes. Blend the cream cheese with the reserved marinade, green onions and parsley. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat; saute the mushrooms until golden. Remove from the pan and reserve.
Increase the heat to high. Remove the beef cubes from the marinade and blot dry on paper towels. (discard the marinade) Add the beef cubes to the pan; brown on both sides. Reserve on a paper towel. Preheat oven to 425F.
Roll out the pastry into two 10 inch squares. Cut each sheet of dough into 9 squares. Place a piece of mushroom and a spoonful of cream cheese mixture in the centre of each piece of dough. Place a beef cube on top of the cream cheese. Bring the sides in over the beef and pinch lightly to seal the pastry, creating a closed bundle. Place seam side down on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush with the egg. Bake 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden and puffed.