Knock-Your-Pants-Off Sweet & Spicy Glazed Buttermilk Meatloaf
Make sure your belt buckle is strapped tight cuz this Sweet & Spicy Glazed Buttermilk Meatloaf will Knock-Your-Pants-Off! It's that good!
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup whole-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup small-diced onion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons. tomato paste
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (85% lean-15% fat)
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from tastebook.com
Heat oven to 425°F. Combine the glaze ingredients, ketchup, barbecue sauce and brown sugar in a small saucepan and place over low heat.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft and translucent. Add parsley, basil, and tomato paste and cook for about a minute. Set aside to cool.
In a small bowl, combine Panko and buttermilk and set aside for 5 minutes. Then in a large bowl, place beef, pork, cheese, salt and pepper, the onion mixture, and the panko mixture. Mix with your hands until just combined.
On a rimmed baking pan, form the mixture into a loaf shape sitting in the center of the pan, with all four sides exposed. Brush sides and top with some glaze, then bake for about 50 minutes, removing the pan every 10 minutes or so to brush on more glaze. (At the end of baking, you will not have used all of the glaze mixture – just keep it in the saucepan on low and stir it every few minutes.)
Cool for 5 minutes, slice, and serve hot with leftover glaze as sauce.
You'll also love
- Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken... 4.4/5 (46 Votes)
- Cheesecake Factory Thai Lettuce... 3.9/5 (136 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Chewies (No Bake... 4.8/5 (15 Votes)
- Chilean Sea Bass with a... 3.9/5 (98 Votes)
- Feta Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf with... 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- StoveTop Stuffing Meatloaf 4.1/5 (65 Votes)
- Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes,... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)