Springtime Mushroom And Pasta Salad
- 2 cups fusilli pasta uncooked
- 2 cups diagonally-sliced asparagus or green beans
- 10 ounces fresh white mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup sliced sweet red bell pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella or fontina cheese cubes
- 1/2 cup bottled fat-free Caesar salad dressing
Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions; 2 minutes before pasta is done, add asparagus to water.
In a colander drain pasta and asparagus; rinse with cold water until chilled; pour into a large bowl. Add mushrooms, bell pepper and cheese; toss gently with dressing to combine. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.