Beef Stew (Slow Cooker)
- 1 pound beef stew meet, cut into bit size pieces.
- 1/2 cup of flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon of oil (olive coconut etc)
- 1 beef stew season mix (in envelope)
- 2 cans of tomato sauce ( 8 oz size)
- 24 oz of water
- 1 medium onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves chushed
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup of carrots
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 cup of green beans
- chili power to taste for spice
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 420mins
Cut up meat into bit size pieces and dry with a paper towel.
Next put flour and salt and pepper in a plastic bag - add meat and shake to coat all meat. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and brown meat.
While the meat is browning, put the 2 cans of tomato sauce, 3 (8 oz) cans of water, garlic, beef stew season mix and other spices in a slow cooker. Turn on high.
Peal the onion and cutup into small pieces and add to the slow cooker.
When the meat is brown, put into slow cooker, stir to blend everything well, put the top on the cooker, and reduce heat to low.
Cook about 4 hours. Next add the carrots and cook 2 more hours.
Add the Corn and Green Beans and cook 1 more hour until the meat is tender.
Adjust the time you cook the veg's depending upon your taste.
Stew should be ready after cooking 7 hours on low. Cook on high reduces the time to cook.
You'll also love
- Pork Roast (Pernil al Horno) 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Bacalao Guisado (Stewed Cod Fish) 3.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Bob Evans Sausage Gravy 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Beef with Hilopites (Greek Egg... 3.7/5 (21 Votes)
Review this recipe