Grandmother Maria Ciarrocchi's Mushroom Soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh white mushrooms
- 3 1/2 cups milk divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
In a large saucepan, bring water, carrot, celery, butter, parsley, salt and pepper to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
Add mushrooms; simmer 7 minutes longer. Add 2 1/2 cups of the milk; bring just to a boil. Whisk together remaining 1 cup milk and the flour until smooth. Stir into soup. Cook and stir until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 servings (about 4 3/4 cups).
You'll also love
- Fresh Mushroom Tostados 0/5 (0 Votes)