Diablo means devil's style, so anyone looking at this recipe knows it going be hot and spicy.
- 1/2 lb linguine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 oz. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons marjoram shopping list
- 1 teasoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lb cooked shrimp, tail off, de-veined
- 1/2 lb scallops
- 1/2 lb crab meat or imitation rolled crab meat
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- crushed red pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from grouprecipes.com
How to make it
1. Prepare linguine by boiling per directions on package
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium high add garlic to oil and brown
3. when garlic is browned, add the tomato paste, stirring in add red wine and stir in until well mixed
4. turn down heat to medium.
5. Mix in parsley, basil, cayenne, and marjoram.
6. add water to sauce, allow to return to bubble
7. add shrimp, scallops and crab meat thoroughly coating with sauce and cook about 5 minutes until scallops firm up
8. Drain pasta and toss into skillet.
9. Mix until well coated with sauce and place on a large plate
10. sprinkle on cheese
11. sprinkle on crushed red pepper to taste