Balsamic Glazed Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms cleaned, stems
- removed if needed, caps sliced - (abt 5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon finely-chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms (except oysters), garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir until lightly browned and moisture evaporates, 5 to 7 minutes.
Stir in balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon water (if using oyster mushrooms, add here); cook about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
This recipe yields 4 servings (about 2 cups).