Baked Mushroom Wraps
- HOMEMADE TOMATO SAUCE:
- 1 1/8 pounds mushrooms quartered
- 2/3 pound firm tofu - crumbled
- 2 spring onions - (to 3) finely sliced
- 1/2 cup sunflowers seeds
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh raw ginger - freshly grated
- Few tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 6 wraps - (to 8) (such as tortilla or naan bread)
- 3 cups Tomato pasta sauce (either bought or homemade)
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 heaped dessert spoon tomato paste
Heat the oil in a fry pan and saute the mushrooms. Toast the sunflower seeds in a non stick pan until browned. Combine the mushrooms and sunflower seeds, tofu, spring onions, soya sauce and ginger and saute a few minutes.
If making homemade sauce, saute the onion and garlic in the oil, add the tomatoes, sugar and paste. Let simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Place large spoonfuls of the mushroom mix in the centre of each wrap and fold the wrap around the mixture to make a parcel. Layer the parcels in a large casserole dish. Pour the tomato sauce over the wraps. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve with a green salad.
This recipe yields 5 servings.
You'll also love
- Shiitake Mushroom Sauce With... 0/5 (0 Votes)