Grilled Ham And Mushroom Skewers
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 ounces fully-cooked sliced ham or Canadian bacon cut into
- six teen 1"-wide strips
- 16 fresh basil or small spinach leaves
- 1 pound small fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed
- 1 medium red or sweet green bell pepper cut 1" squares
Preheat rack for outdoor grill or broiler. In small bowl combine oil, vinegar, salt and black pepper; set aside.
On four 8-inch or eight 4-inch skewers alternately thread ham, basil, mushrooms and pepper, folding ham and basil to fit on skewers. Brush generously on all sides with oil and vinegar mixture.
Grill or broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source until mushrooms are golden, turning occasionally, 6 to 7 minutes. Place skewers on serving platter, brush with any remaining oil-vinegar mixture.
This recipe yields 4 servings.