Chicken And Mushroom Satay
- 10 ounces fresh white mushrooms cleaned, trimmed, and halved - (abt 3 cups)
- 1 can pineapple chunks in unsweetened juice - (8 oz)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut 1" pieces
- 1 large sweet red bell pepper cut 1" pieces
- 2/3 cup prepared Thai peanut sauce divided
Preheat rack for outdoor grill or broiler. Place mushrooms in large bowl. Drain pineapple chunks, reserving 2 tablespoons of juice.
To bowl with mushrooms, add pineapple chunks, chicken, pepper pieces and 1/3 cup of peanut sauce; toss until well coated. On eight (6-inch) skewers, arrange mushrooms, chicken, peppers and pineapple, dividing evenly.
Place skewers on rack. Grill or broil until chicken is just cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes, turning once.
In small dish, combine remaining 1/3 cup peanut sauce and 2 tablespoons of reserved pineapple juice. Use as dipping sauce with skewers. If desired, serve with steamed rice.
This recipe yields 4 servings.