Creamy Mushroom Soup
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 dash thyme
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 can chicken broth - (13 3/4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 package enoki mushrooms - (3.5 oz) rinsed, trimmed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sherry
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Saute onion in butter in a large saucepan until clear and lightly browned. Add thyme, bay leaf, salt, paprika, wine and all but 1/4 cup chicken broth. Simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Remove bay leaf.
Combine remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth and flour. Pour into sauce pan, stirring until thickened. Add enoki mushroom, simmer 1 minute. Stir in milk and sherry. Heat to serving temperature, do not boil and serve garnished with parsley.
This recipe yields 4 servings.