Farro Lentil Soup
- 2 Tbls. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions chopped
- 1 cup cubed squash or sweet potato
- sea salt
- 1 1/2 Tbls. Madras curry powder
- 2/3 cup farro
- 1 3/4 cups green or black lentils
- 6-7 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Greek-style yogurt
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Stir in the onions and squash. Add a pinch of salt and saute until the onions soften a bit.
Add the curry powder and stir until squash and onions are coated and the curry is fragrant.
Add the farro, lentils and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer covered for 30 - 45 minutes or until farro is soft.
Stir together the lemon juice, zest and yogurt and add a pinch of salt.
Serve each bowl of soup with a dollop of the lemon yogurt.