Smoky Chicken Panini with Basil Mayo
Smoky Gouda cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and baby spinach join grilled chicken breasts in this panini that's slathered with fresh Basil Mayo.
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts, about 1 pound
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 8 sourdough bread slices
- 1/2 pound smoked Gouda cheese, sliced
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 7 to 10 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 10 minutes, and cut into slices.
Stir together mayonnaise and next 2 ingredients. Spread mixture on 1 side of each bread slice. Top 4 bread slices with chicken, Gouda, and next 2 ingredients. Top with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise mixture sides down. Brush sandwiches with melted butter.
Cook sandwiches, in batches, in a preheated panini press 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.