Cream Of Quinoa Mushroom Soup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 8 ounces wild mushrooms wiped clean, and chopped fine
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
Heat the butter in a medium saucepan and add the shallots when the foaming subsides. Cook the shallots until tender and add the mushrooms. Cover and cook for about five minutes or until tender.
Add the quinoa and broth and bring to a simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the cream, bring back to a simmer, and remove from heat. Stir in the dill.
This recipe yields ?? servings.