Stuffed Mushroom Caps II
- 1/2 cup Mushroom Duxelles (see recipe)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons crumbs from fresh white bread
- 1 pinch dried tarragon - (large-ish)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 6 large beautiful white mushroom caps - (3.5" dia) cleaned
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Swiss cheese
Blend the duxelles in a bowl with the cream. Add enough of the bread crumbs to make a mass that will hold its shape in a spoon. Season to taste with the tarragon, salt, and the pepper.
Brush the caps with butter, then spoon the stuffing into the cavities. Spread a pinch of grated cheese over the stuffing. Arrange in a baking dish and cook about 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
This recipe yields ?? servings.