Greek Pasta Salad
Pasta salad takes a trip to the Mediterranean with lemon, oregano and the zip of feta in this creamy yet light dressing.
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 4 oz/125 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- Pasta Salad:
- 12 oz small shells or other small pasta (about 4 cups/1 L)
- Half English cucumber, chopped
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 diced red onion
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 crumbled feta cheese
- Black olives (optional)
- Fresh oregano for garnish (optional)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 28mins
1. Dressing: In blender or food processor, blend Milk, feta cheese, garlic, oregano lemon rind and salt until smooth. With motor running, drizzle lemon juice and vinegar through hole in lid or feed tube until blended. Transfer to large bowl; let stand for 10 minutes or until thickened.
2. Salad: In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta for about 8 minutes or until tender but firm; drain. Rinse under cold running water until cool; drain well. Add to dressing in bowl with cucumber, tomatoes and onion; toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with crumbled feta. Garnish with black olives and oregano (if using).