Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Cook Yourself Thin Cook Book pg.214
- 2/3 cup Raisins (soak in whiskey)
- i stick Butter softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Applesauce
- 3/4 cup dark Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups A.P. Flour
- 1 TSP. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 cups Oatmeal ( not instant )
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Sprinkle whiskey over the raisins and soak.
3.Beat the butter, applesauce,brown sugar, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla.
4.Whisk together the flour, baking soda and cinnamon, add to the batter just until the flour is absorbed..Gently fold in the oats.
5. Use two spoons to scoop batter onto sheets. Bake 17 to 22 minutes at 350 degrees.