One Pot Creamy Chicken and Noodles
- 2 large (or 3 small) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups of roughly chopped raw vegetables(I used equal amounts of onions, carrots, celery)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 small can cream of chicken soup + 1 can milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 pound dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese + 1/2 cup cheese for topping
Adapted from yellowblissroad.com
Heat olive oil in a 4-5 quart pot.
Add chopped vegetables and minced garlic. Saute over medium-high heat for about five minutes, or until vegetables are just becoming tender.
Add chicken and season with a couple pinches of salt and a pinch of pepper. Continue to saute over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink. It does not have to be cooked through since it will continue to cook in the sauce.
Add cream of chicken soup, milk, chicken broth, pasta and dry seasonings. Stir.
Bring to a boil and turn heat down to low. Simmer for 20-25 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring every five minutes to keep pasta from sticking together.
Once pasta is cooked to your liking, remove from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover pot and let rest for 5-10 minutes to thicken the sauce.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley for garnish.