APPLE GINGER SPICE CAKE
- Recipe By : SOUTHERN LIVING
- Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
- Categories : Cakes
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- 1 package gingerbread mix -- (14.5 oz.)
- 1 can apple pie filling -- (21 oz.)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat first 5 ingredients at low speed with a heavy duty electric stand mixer 20 seconds; increase speed to medium and beat 1 minute. Pour batter into a greased and floured 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan.
Bake for 20 min or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
Whisk together powdered sugar and sour cream until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Serve cake warm or at room temperature.