- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups warm chicken stock or broth, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) fresh lobster tail, diced
- 4 ounces fresh rock shrimp or other small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup yellow corn kernels
- 1/4 cup sliced leeks
- 2 tablespoons mixed chopped herbs (chervil, tarragon, chives)
- 3 tablespoons diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add rice, stirring to coat; cook 2 minutes. Add wine, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until wine is absorbed.
2. Add 1 cup chicken stock, and cook, stirring constantly, until absorbed. Repeat with 1 more cup chicken stock.
3. Stir in remaining 1 cup broth, lobster, shrimp, corn, and leeks; cook 2 minutes. Stir in herbs, tomato, and butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.