maple balsamic glazed roast pork with braised veggies
serving:4 oz pork, 1.5 c veggies, 1/2 tsp glaze
338 cal, 6 fat, 33 carb, 7 fiber, 37 pro
- 1 lb green cabbage, cored and chopped into 2" pieces
- 1 lb turnips, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1" chunks
- 1 large yellow onion cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- cooking spray
- 2 lb pork loin roast
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
1. Preheat oven to 400. In 9x13 roasting pan, combing cabbage, turnips, potatoes, carrots, onion, sage and 1/2 c water. Cover pan with foil and bake for 40 min.
2. About 10 minutes before veggies are done, mist a small saucepan with cooking spray and heat on med-high heat. Add pork and sear for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until brown and crisp. Transfer to a large plate and set aside. Add 1/2 c water to saucepan ang cook on med-high, stirring up browned bits from bottom of pan for 1 minute.
3. Remove veggies from oven, uncover and pour saucepan mixture over veggies, stirring to coat. Push veggies to edge of pan and place pork in center. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake, uncovered, until 150, 25-30 minutes.
4. Transfer pork to cutting board and set aside. In separate small saucepan, bring syrup and vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until thickened, 4-5 minutes. Cut pork into 1 oz slices (about 24 slices). Divide pork and veggies onto plates and drizzle with syrup mixture.