Trout With Pecan Meuniere Sauce
- HERB NAGE:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Essence plus
- 2 teaspoons Essence (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 trout fillets - (6 oz ea)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter plus
- 6 tablespoons butter cut into pieces
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups mild herb leaves (mint, tarragon, parsley, basil and chives)
- 1/2 cup frisee
- 1/2 cup radicchio
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
In a shallow bowl, combine the flour with 1 tablespoon of Essence. In another shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Season both sides of each fish with the remaining 2 teaspoons of Essence.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Dredge the fillets in the flour, coating evenly. Dip the fillets in the egg mixture. Dredge again in the flour, shaking to remove any excess. When the oil is hot but not smoking, add the fillets and pan fry until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a warm platter.
Discard any oil remaining in the skillet and wipe clean with paper towels. Return the skillet to the stove. Over medium heat-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. When the butter foams, add the pecans and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the parsley, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire, and cream, and cook, whisking, for 15 seconds. Remove from the heat. Add the salt and cayenne.
Return to low heat and whisk in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, adding each piece before the previous one has been completely incorporated. Continue until all the butter is incorporated and the sauce coats the back of a spoon, removing the pan from the heat to prevent the sauce from getting too hot and breaking. Remove from the heat.
To serve, place the fillets on dinner plates and spoon the sauce on top. Place Herb Nage next to trout fillets.
Herb Nage: In a large bowl, toss together herbs, frisee and radicchio. Season with salt and pepper. Add olive oil and toss until well combined. Serve with Trout with Pecan Meuniere Sauce.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (128 Votes)